Thursday, February 17, 2011

more cakes.





The first couple pictures are wedding cakes.
The first one has a Valknut on top. The Valknut is a symbol of the Norse god Odin. It is not an easy symbol to draw, much less cut cake into the sh ape of. but I look at difficulty square in the face and laugh at it. Also, I sometimes stay up reeeeeally late, working on it.








The cake to the right is from the same wedding, this time, a Thor's Hammer atop it. The hammer was a breeze compared to the Valknut, but still had a level of difficulty. The cakes were a double layer round, with a single layer cut into the shape.










On the side, as seen on the left, I piped runes around the whole of the sides. The couple loved the cakes, and I'm very happy with how they
turned out.








The tiered cake to the right was a vegan chocolate cake. Yes, I can bake a delicious vegan cake, as well. Unfortunately, I took this picture after someone moving the tables knocked the table the cake was on. Caused a bit of a tip, but it didn't topple over, so all was well. And yes, its got pink roses, and baseball figurines on top. Gotta love it...

No comments: