Monday, March 7, 2011

Banana Bread Recipe.

Since posting about my Banana Bread yesterday, I've received several requests for the recipe. Gladly I share! But let me give you a few tips about flavorful and delicious banana bread.

Firstly, make sure your bananas are ripe. And by ripe, I mean black. They really should be as dark as possible. The darker they are, the sweeter and more banana-er they are. That really adds delicious flavor to the bread.
Second- most banana breads call for vegetable oil. Not mine. I love butter. Butter make everything better. I'm told that oil makes for moister breads. I call bollocks on that. My breads and cakes are perfectly moist and more delicious because butter has more flavor that vegetable oil. Plus, butter is more natural than veg. oil. And I'm a fan of natural foods.
Thirdly- Don't use iodized salt for baking. It imparts a tinny flavor to your food. Use sea salt, or Kosher salt. AND DON'T FORGET TO ADD SALT TO YOUR BAKED GOODS. It makes a huge difference in flavor.
And Finally for the love of all that is holy, NEVER use Artificial Vanilla, or Vanillan. Spring the extra bucks for real Vanilla Extract. You'll thank me for this. Really, you will.

Now, make some banana bread, and tell me how it turns out!

Tanya's Tasty Nanner Bread
makes 2 full loaves
preheat oven to 350.

1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
5 bananas, very ripe
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups AP flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 cup raw sugar

In bowl, sift together flour, powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.

In mixer, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. add bananas and sour cream. Then eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. slowly add dry ingredients. pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Sprinkle Raw Sugar on top of loaves.
bake 50-55 minutes.

No comments: