Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mocha cupcakes and banana bread.


First of all, my lemon cupcakes with the raspberry buttercream were a success. Words like "sublime"...actually, the word sublime typed twice, and in all caps. That's always cool.
So, this week, I made cinnamon scented mocha cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. I delivered them to my friend Liz and her co-workers at WordCom, and also to my BFF Destiny and her co-workers at Pennwell. And, a second week of success. Everyone loved them. I hear the most compliments about my buttercream, which is cool. I make my buttercream with (gasp!) BUTTER! Butter makes everything better. Everything.
But, I must admit, my first batch of mocha cupcakes were a fail. They didn't rise, and were too heavy. Not delicious. But, I laugh in the face of adversity, and I reworked the recipe, and tried again.
Success! The cupcakes came out fluffier, lighter, and yummier. And the buttercream came out divine-like.
Mocha Cupcakes FTW is all I have to say about this.




I made the ban
ana bread tonight, after work. I bought the bananas 2 weeks ago and let them ripen. Its important to make sure they're very very ripe. I also use sour cream in my recipe. It always turns out moist, and yummy. I don't add nuts, but someone (or many someones, actually) recommend chocolate chips, and that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. But tonight, just plain banana bread. (though, to be fair, ain't nothin plain about it..)



Yeah, I totally had a piece of it. Or perhaps 2 pieces of it. It was quite good. I shall wait til morning for another piece, because I think its very possible I could devour the whole loaf tonight. Yeah, I love banana bread.





1 comment:

lizgwiz said...

They were SO tasty!