Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2 more cakes.

So, I found a couple more pictures of cakes I've done.  This one, to the left, I'm particularly proud of.
"What is that?" You may ask  Why, its a Companion Cube!  Its from a video game called Portal.  I've never played it, but just about all my friends have.  Apparently, the game involves this cube, and a cake at the end of the game.  Apparently, also, the cake is a lie.  This cake, though, was most assuredly NOT a lie.  And it was a birthday cake for the aforementioned Groom of Chocolate Love, so, of course, the cake was chocolate.  Never mind the mess in the back...that's all my decorating stuff.  Right after finishing the cake, I took a picture.  I was rather proud of this cake.  I feel I made up for not being able to do the d20 cake.  I hope so, at least.
  


This next cake was for a birthday, of course.  The girl liked pink, and liked polka dots. 
So she got both.   My writing is better on this one than on some of my previous cakes..
see, I get better at it!  I rather like writing on cakes now.  I got some practice doing it at a bakery I worked at for a while, and that helped.

So, that's 2 more cakes.  as I find more pictures, I'll post more.
I took last Wednesday off from baking cupcakes, but this Wednesday,
I shall be baking Yellow cupcakes with Chocolate frosting-it's a classic
combo, and it's sooo tasty.  I'll be delivering them to my friend Cyndi's
salon. I'm also going to be making chocolate chip cookies, for an event at work.  I'm also going to be experimenting with meat pies..more specifically meat tarts..like PopTarts, but with meat.  I will be sure to blog about those.

2 comments:

AbbeLans said...

How can I follow you??

The Dutchess of Desserts said...

AbbeLans-
there is a button, I believe in the top left corner of the screen, that says "Follow".

I hope you see you here!

~t