Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Buttermilk Lemon Cupcakes

So, today, I made Buttermilk Lemon Cupcakes with a Raspberry Lemon buttercream. I did this because I had leftover buttermilk, from the buttermilk chocolate cake I made on Saturday. The texture of the cupcakes was a bit more muffin-like, but that may be because I didn't beat it long enough. However, they are super moist, and lemony, and soooo good.


As you can see, they have a pretty pink color. That's the raspberries, baby! I took frozen raspberries (I would have gone fresh, but it's not raspberry season, and fresh ones were spendy. Really spendy. ) So I basically made a raspberry coulis, making sure to remove as much of the seeds as possible, then added the juice of 3 lemons to that, then using that as the liquid base of my buttercream (instead of milk). The result is a tart but smooth buttercream, that goes soo well with the lemon cupcake. I am quite proud of this.
Tomorrow, I'm going to take these delicious cupcakes to Youth Services, where the employees, who work super hard, can enjoy the fruits of my labor.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good gods woman! Those look amazing. Think one would make it through the mail to us? -Jen

The Dutchess of Desserts said...

I know there is a way to make cupcakes in jars, and they can be sent through the mail that way. We could probably set that up. :D