Monday, February 21, 2011

Sooo Tasty.

I know, gentle reader, that I promised you pictures. And you shall get your lousy iPhone picture..on another day. The picture in question, I took with my friends better camera'd iPhone 4G, which is a whole number up from my 3G. But I'll still tell you about the cake.

It was very good. The cake itself was so moist. I tell you, that buttermilk just adds the most delicious moistness to cakes! The chocolate of the cake married very well with the mint of the icing. One of my friends wants the cake for his Grooms cake, when he gets married next year. I can totally do that!

So, you want a recipe, eh? Well, okay. And let me know how it turns out!

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake

Ingredients

1 cup butter

2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

2 cups buttermilk

2 t. baking soda

2 t. salt

2 T Vanilla extract

3 cups AP flour

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 2 9 inch round pans, or 1 regular rectangular cake pan.

sift together dry ingredients. In another bowl, Mix together wet. Beat butter and sugar in mixer until fluffy,then add egg,one at a time. Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl, slowly add dry, being careful not to overmix.

Pour Batter into prepared pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes.


Creme de Menthe Whipped Icing

1 pint heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup Creme de Menthe liqueur

1/2 t. powdered gelatin

mix ingredients into mix bowl. start mixer on low, and gradually add speed as mixture thickens. Whip until thick whipped cream consistency.




No comments: